Giving thanks for engagement
posted on November 24, 2009
Of course, this week — Thursday, specifically — is not the only time to be thankful for whatever level of employee engagement your business enjoys.
But, hey, now is a well-publicized time for thanks. So let me offer you my 10 Engagement Thankfuls. I am tremendously grateful for my
- Realization that employee engagement really is the pivotal source of people doing their jobs better and better.
- Discovery that the true starting point for engagement that works is the business culture. A culture that values engagement lives it rather than merely trains it.
- Expanding my delight as a prayer chaplain and experiencing engagement complementary to my work.
- Knowing more and more people interested in — even committed to — employee engagement as a practical and powerful business element.
- Great health entering my second 60 years and certainly that makes my work and life engagement all the more enjoyable .
- Continuing to love the work I do and to do the work I love. I love engagement and engagement refuels that love; I call it a “victorious circle.”
- Connections with a number of fast-growing communities because I am not afraid to talk to strangers about something as fundamental as engaged employees.
- Realizing how engagement relates to just about every aspect of work: for employees, supervisors, managers, business leaders.
- Powerful reading that may not be directly about employee engagement but always generates ideas about engagement.
- Never having any trouble coming up with an idea for a posting here!
Thank you! And Happy Thanksgiving!
Author: Tim Wright
Tags: communication, employee engagement, Thanksgiving